TUBERCULOSIS OF LARYNX
- Laryngeal tuberculosis is still relatively uncommon,approximately involved in 1-10% of all cases of tuberculosis
- Affects posterior part more than the anterior part.
- Almost always secondary to Pulmonary Tuberculosis.
- Most commonly affected part is the interarytenoid fold.
- Submucosal tubercles.
- Pseudoedema (swollen laryngeal mucosa due to cellular infiltration).
- Weakness of voice – earliest symptom.
- Impairment of adduction – first sign
- Mamillated appearance – swelling in the interarytenoid region
- Mouse nibbled appearance – ulceration of vocal cord
- Hyperaemia of the vocal cord in its whole extent or confined to posterior part with impairment of adduction is the first sign.
- Superficial ragged ulceration on the arytenoids and interarytenoid region.
- May cause Odynophagia.
- Granulation tissue in interarytenoid region or vocal process of arytenoid.
- Swelling of ventricular bands and aryepiglottic folds.
- Marked pallor of surrounding mucosa.
- Turban epiglottis – pseudoedema of glottis.
- Does not cause paralysis of Vocal Cord.
- Mammilated appearance , Mouse nibbled appearance,Turban epiglottis is seen in TB of larynx.
- TB,Sarcoidosis,Syphilis may affect the Anterior Larynx.
- Paralysis of Vocal cord does not occurs in TB Larynx.
- TB Larynx may present with ulceration of Arytenoid and Odynophagia.
- Tubercular laryngitis affects primarily Posterior commissure of larynx.
Don’t Forget to Take the Below Quiz Based on All Previous Year
Question of NBE /NEET / DNB
0 of 6 questions completed
You must specify an email address.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 6 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Thanks for Taking the Quiz .
Join Us on Whats App to get notification on any new quiz uploaded
Whats App Your Name & College Name to +91 770 2266770
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Infection involving anterior larynx:CorrectIncorrect
True about TB larynx:CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following is not true about TB larynx?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following is seen in TB of larynx?CorrectIncorrect
Tubercular laryngitis affects primarily:CorrectIncorrect
Turban epiglottitis is a clinical finding in ‑CorrectIncorrect