A. Urogenital sinus.
B. Mesonephric duct.
C. Paramesonephric duct.
D. Mesonephric tubules.
Ans;C. Paramesonephric duct
The structure marked as “B” represents Cervix.
Cervix develops from Mullerian ducts (or paramesonephric ducts).
- They are paired ducts of the embryo that run down the lateral sides of the urogenital ridge and terminate at the Mullerian eminence in the primitive urogenital sinus.
- In the female, they will develop to form the Fallopian tubes, uterus, cervix, and the upper two-thirds of the vagina; in the male, they are lost.
- These ducts are made of tissue of mesodermal origin.
During 5th & 6th weeks, both male & females have two genital duct systems, derived from mesoderm:
1. WOLFFIAN DUCT – mesonephric duct ; male genital system
2. MULLERIAN DUCT – paramesonephric duct ; female genital system
PARAMESONEPHRIC DUCT (MULLERIAN DUCT): Main genital duct in females
Upper 2/3rd of vagina
|Appendix of testis (Hydatid of morgagni)