The structures marked by A,B,C,D,E in the picture above represents Ventricles of brain.
- Ventricles of brain are lined by ependyma (ependymocytes).
- These are cavities in the brain lined by ependyma and filled with CSF.
- They contain choroid plexuses which secrete CSF.
- These are four fluid filled intercommunicating cavities within the brain :-
i) Two lateral ventricles (right and left),
ii) Third ventricle- Lateral ventricle communicates with third ventricle by interventricular foramen (foramen of Monro).
iii) Fourth ventricle-
- Third ventricle communicates with fourth ventricle by cerebral aqueduct (aqueduct of sylvius).
- Fourth ventricle communicates with subarachnoid space by a median foramen (Mangendie) and two lateral (Luschka) foramina.