A. Flexion of the forearm at the elbow.
B. Assists with flexion of the arm at the shoulder.
C. Assists with supination of the forearm.
D. All of the above.
Ans;D .All of the above
The muscle marked by a red arrow in the picture above represents biceps brachii.
Primary Actions of the Biceps Brachii
1. Flexion of the forearm at the elbow
- Agonists: Brachialis, Brachioradialis
- Antagonists: Triceps Brachii, Anconeus
Secondary Actions of the Biceps Brachii
1. Assists with flexion of the arm at the shoulder
- Agonists: Deltoid (anterior part), Coracobrachialis, Pectoralis Major (clavicular head)
- Antagonists: Deltoid (posterior part), Triceps Brachii (long head), Latissimus Dorsi, Pectoralis Major (sternal head), Teres Major
2. Assists with supination of the forearm
- Agonists: Supinator
- Antagonists: Pronator Teres, Pronator Quadratus