Concentration of compound shown in the photograph below is mostly?
Concentration of compound povidone iodine is mostly 10%.
- Povidone-iodine is an antiseptic used for skin disinfection before and after surgery.
- It may be used both to disinfect the skin of the patient and the hands of the healthcare providers.
- It may also be used for minor wounds. It may be applied to the skin as a liquid or a powder.
- It contains from 9% to 12% available iodine.
- It works by releasing iodine which results in the death of a range of microorganisms.
- It is contraindicated in patients with hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland) and other diseases of the thyroid, after treatment with radioiodine, and in patients with dermatitis herpetiformis.