Type of Electrophoresis based on reaction with antibodies shown in Photograph is ?
A. Crossed immunoelectrophoresis
C. Rocket immunoelectrophoresis.
D. Immunoelectrophoretic analysis
Ans:C. Rocket immunoelectrophoresis
- Immunoelectrophoresis is a general name for a number of biochemical methods for separation and characterization of proteins based on electrophoresis and reaction with antibodies.
The methods :
- Immunoelectrophoretic analysis (one-dimensional immunoelectrophoresis ),
- Crossed immunoelectrophoresis (two-dimensional quantitative immunoelectrophoresis)
- Rocket-immunoelectrophoresis (one-dimensional quantitative immunoelectrophoresis):
- Antigen is electrophoresed into gel containing Antibody.The distance from the starting well to the front of the rocket shaped arc is related to antigen concentration.
- The method has been used for quantitation of human serum proteins before automated methods became available.
- Fused rocket immunoelectrophoresis
- Affinity immunoelectrophoresis