A. H2O2 3%
B. Gamma rays.
C. Infrared photography.
D. Examination with magnifying glass.
Ans:B. Gamma rays.
- Tattoo marks are designs made by multiple small puncture wounds made through the skin with needles or similar penetrating tools dipped in colouring agents ( dye ).
- Tattoos are distinctive, potentially important acquired identifying features that last for the life of the bearer, and persist into the postmortem period.
Latent tattoo marks are faded marks and they can be visualized by
- Use of ultraviolet light
- Infrared photograpy
- Rubbing the part and examining under magnifying glass
- If tattoo marks are obscured by decomposition they can be visualized by treating with 3 % H2O2.
- Tatto marks can be developed by treating the skin by 0.5% caustic potash.
- Histopathology of local lymph nodes for pigment.