A. Counting the whorls in the fingerprints.
B. Counting pores of sweat glands.
C. Counting pores of sebaceous glands.
D. Counting number of papillary ridges.
Ans:B. Counting pores of sweat glands.
- It is a method of personal identification through the comparison of the impressions of sweat pores (present on friction ridges of palmar and plantar surfaces).
- Like the ridge characteristics, the pores are also permanent and immutable and these are useful to establish the identity or otherwise of individuals when available ridges do not provide sufficient ridge characteristics.
- The following features of pores are studied under a simple microscope with 50x magnification.
Number of Pores
- Distance between Pores (Interspacing)
- Size of Pores
- Shape of Pores
- Position of the Pores on the ridge