Foot whipping:Beating on the sole of the foot with a rod is seen in the image.
- Corporal punishment or physical punishment(physical torture) is a punishment intended to cause physical pain on a person.
- Methods :
- To the soles of the feet
- Foot whipping, variously known as bastinado, falanga , and falaka , is a form of corporal punishment whereby the soles of the feet are beaten with an object such as a cane or rod, a club, a piece of wood, a stout leather bullwhip, or a flexible bat of heavy rubber. It is also sometimes favoured as a form of torture because, although extremely painful, it leaves few physical marks, though evidence can be detected via ultrasound technology”.
- With the palms on both the ears simultaneously (el telefone)
- On the abdomen, while lying on a table with the upper half of the body unsupported (operating table, el quirofano)
- By the wrist (la bandera)
- By the arms or neck
- By the ankles (mercelago)
- Head down, from a horizontal pole placed under the knees, with the wrists bound to the ankles (parrot’s perch, jack, pau de arara)
- Bhutanese technique – tight clamping of the thighs or legs with bamboo, sometimes for a number of days.
- Forced immersion of head in water, often contaminated (wet submarine, pileta, latina)
Tying of a plastic bag covering the head and face (dry submarine)
- Torturing with electric shocks, usually placing electricity terminals in the vagina, mouth, anus, or over testicles and nipples (picana)
- Heated metal skewer inserted into the anus (black slave).
5. Forced posture:
- Prolonged standing (el planton)
- Forced straddling of a bar (saw horse, el cabellete)