Identify the instrument shown in the photograph below ?
A. Slit lamp microscopy.
C. Indirect ophthalmoscope.
D. Hess screen.
- It is an instrument which compensates for the angle of squint and allows the stimuli to be presented to both eyes simultaneously.
- It is an ophthalmic instrument which is used for diagnosing the imbalance of the eye muscle and treating them by orthoptic methods.
- It is used to investigate the potential for binocular vision in the presence of a manifest squint.
- Also used to detect suppression and abnormal retinal correspondence.
- It consists of two cylindrical tubes with a mirrored right angled bend.
- A +6.5D lens in each eye piece which optically sets the testing distance to about 6 metres.
- It can measure horizontal,vertical and torsional misalignments simultaneously.