Identify the structures marked as A , B , C , D in the picture below?
A. A-Larynx. ,B-Trachea., C-Principal bronchus., D-Bronchi.
B. A-Trachea., B-Larynx., C-Principal bronchus., D-Bronchi
C. A-Larynx., B-Principal bronchus., C-Trachea., D-Bronchi
D. A-Bronchi. ,B-Trachea. ,C-Principal bronchus., D-Larynx.
Ans;A. A-Larynx., B-Trachea., C-Principal bronchus., D-Bronchi.
- It is divided into the upper airways and lower airways.
- The upper airways or upper respiratory tract includes the nose and nasal passages, paranasal sinuses, the pharynx(nasopharynx, oropharynx and laryngopharynx) , and the portion of the larynx above the vocal folds (cords).
- The lower airways or lower respiratory tract includes the portion of the larynx below the vocal folds, trachea, bronchi (primary, secondary and tertiary), bronchioles (including terminal and respiratory), and lungs (including alveoli)
The respiratory tree or tracheobronchial tree is a term also used to refer to the branching structure of airways supplying air to the lungs and includes the trachea, bronchi and bronchioles.
- main bronchus(primary )
- lobar bronchus(secondary bronchi)
- segmental bronchus(tertiary bronchi)
- terminal bronchiole
- respiratory bronchiole
- alveolar duct
- alveolar sac