Condition shown in the photograph below is found in ?
A. Takayasu arteritis.
C. Diabetes Mellitus.
D. Marfan’s syndrome.
Ans:D. Marfan’s Syndrome.
The condition shown in the picture above represents Aortic dissection.
- It is defined as separation of the layers within the aortic wall. Tears in the intimal layer result in the propagation of dissection (proximally or distally) secondary to blood entering the intima-media space.
- Marfan syndrome
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- Annuloaortic ectasia
- Familial aortic dissections
- Adult polycystic kidney disease
- Turner syndrome
- Noonan syndrome
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Bicuspid aortic valve
- Coarctation of the aorta
- Connective tissue disorders
- Metabolic disorders (eg, homocystinuria, familial hypercholesterolemia)
- Arterial hypertension
- Syphilitic aortitis
- Deceleration injury possibly with related chest trauma
- Cocaine use
- Aortic and mitral valve replacements
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery
- Percutaneous catheter placement (eg, cardiac catheterization, percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty)