Role of Substance of abuse (Photograph) in HIV
A. Decrease infectivity
B. Improve CD4 count
C. Increase appetite
D. Improves immunity
Ans:C. Increase appetite
Image shown is of a Cannabis plant.
- Also known as marijuana ,is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant intended for medical or recreational use.
- The main psychoactive part of cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol .
- It can be used to reduce nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy, to improve appetite in people with HIV/AIDS, to treat chronic pain and muscle spasms and to heighten the mood.
- Short term side effects may include a decrease in short-term memory, dry mouth, impaired motor skills, red eyes, and feelings of paranoia or anxiety.
- Long term side effects may include addiction, decreased mental ability in those who started as teenagers, and behavioral problems in children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy.