Which type of protein as shown in the image is found in the bones?
A. Type II
B. Type I
C. Type IV
D. Type VIII
Ans:B. Type I.
Collagen structure is shown in the image.
TYPE OF COLLAGEN AND LOCATION
- I Bone (most abundant form)
- II Cartilage, vitreous tumour, Intervertebral disc
- III Extensive – skin, lung, hollow organ (vascular system)
- IV Basement membrane, Eye lens
- VII Anchoring fibrils at Dermo-epidermal junction
- VIII Endothelium
- X Hypertrophic cartilage
- XVII Skin, hemidesmosomes
- XVIII Liver, kidney
- XIX Rhabdomyasarcoma cells