Regarding this condition as shown in the image,what is the treatment of choice?
A. Division of pancreas
D. Bilroth II gastrectomy
Annular Pancreas is shown in the image.
- Due to failure of complete rotation of the ventral pancreatic bud during development, so that a ring of pancreatic tissue surrounds the second or third part of the duodenum.The histology of pancreatic tissue is normal.
- Most often seen in association with congenital duodenal stenosis or atresia.
- More prevalent in children with Down’s syndrome
- Duodenal obstruction typically causes vomiting in the neonate.
- X-ray- Dilated stomach and dilated duodenum i.e., (double bubble sign).
- The usual treatment is bypass (duodenoduodenostomy)
- The disease may occur in later life as one of the causes of pancreatitis, in which case resection of the head of the pancreas is preferable to lesser procedures