A young boy with oily skin presents with acne as shown. What is the appropriate treatment?
A. Oral isotretinoin
B. Oral steroid
C. Topical retinoic acid
D. Benzoyl peroxide
Ans: A. Oral isotretinoin
(Ref: Fitzpatrick ‘ p672-686; Rooks 8/e p42.17-42.70: Roxburgh I8/e p159-172)
- In the given picture patient is suffering from x with pus filled lesions.
- Oral therapy with Isotretinoin is indicated is such a patient.
- Doc for nodulocystic acne / severe acne.
- Rash (MC)
- Teratogenic (contraindicated in pregnancy)
- Hypertriglyceridemia (on prolonged use).