The following type of epithelium is found in which body part?
A. Bile duct
B. Common bile duct
D. Urinary bladder
Ans: D. Urinary bladder
- Given image – Transitional epithelium which is present in urinary tract (urinary bladder).
- Specialized epithelium lining most of urinary tract.
- Prevents its rather toxic contents from damaging surrounding structures.
- Extends from ends of collecting ducts of kidneys, through ureters & bladder, to proximal portion of urethra.
Bladder consists of four layers:
- Lining epithelium (urothelium), lamina propria, muscularis propria and serosa.