Choose the icorrect statement regarding the given image?
A. Causes AV block,
B. Atropine is antidote
C. Only root is poisonous
D. First symptom is sweet taste
Ans: D. First symptom is sweet taste
- Aconite roots are usually mistaken for horseradish root., Active principles: Aconitine0, pseudo-aconitine, indaconitine, picraconitine and aconine., No odour, sweet taste (mitha bish)
The initial signs are gastrointestinal, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. This is followed by a sensation of burning, tingling, and numbness in the mouth and face, and of burning in the abdomen. In severe poisonings, pronounced motor weakness occurs and cutaneous sensations of tingling and numbness spread to the limbs
- Given flower belongs to the plant Aconite which is a cardiac poison.
- Aconitine binds with the voltage-dependent sodium-ion channels.
- Aconitine first stimulates and then paralyze the peripheral terminations of sensory, secretory and motor nerves.
- Tingling followed by numbness of mouth and throata is characteristics ymptom of aconite poisoning