A. 5HT4 agonist
B. 5HT2b agonist
C. 5HT2b antagonist
D. 5HT2a agonist
Ans. A. 5HT4 agonist
* Prucalopride is a drug acting as a selective, high affinity 5-HT4 receptor agonist which targets the impaired motility associated with chronic constipation, thus normalizing bowel movements.
* Approved for use in Europe in 2009.
* Prucalopride, a first in class dihydro-benzofuran-carboxamide, is a selective, high affinity serotonin (5-HT4) receptor agonist with enterokinetic activities.
* Prucalopride alters colonic motility patterns via serotonin 5-HT4 receptor stimulation: it stimulates colonic mass movements, which provide the main propulsive force for defecation.
* The observed effects are exerted via highly selective action on 5-HT4 receptor.
* Prucalopride has >150-fold higher affinity for 5-HT4 receptors than for other receptors.