CHURG- STRAUSS SYNDROME (Eosinophilic Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (EGPA)
- Churg & Strauss is characterized by asthma, eosinophilla, extravascular granuloma formation, vasculitis.
- A characteristic feature is eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangitis.
- p- ANCA is an antibody associated.
- Fever, malaise, anorexia, weight loss.
- Mononeuritis multiplex is the second most common features.
- Allergic rhinitis and sinusitis.
- Peripheral and tissue eosinophillia, extravascular necrotizing granuloma.
- Striking eosinophilla- >1000/ cells
- ESR elevated
- Α2– globulins found
- In case of fail glucocorticoids treatmet, the treatment of choice is a combined of daily cyclophosphamide and prednisone.
- Asthma ,Granuloma, Perpheral eosinophilia, Glomerulonephritis, Multisystem involvement of vessels are seen in churg- strauss syndrome
- Mononeuritis multiplex ,regular attacks of bronchial asthma preceded by allergic rhinitis, cutaneous purpura with eosinophilia is suggesitve of churg- strauss syndrome
- Lung is characteristically involved in churg- strauss syndrome
- Churg Strauss Syndrome is associated with pulmonary eosinophillic pneumonia
- Churg Strauss Syndrome is small vessels vasculitis
- Mononeuritis multiplex is common in Churg Strauss Syndrome
- Churg Strauss Syndrome is Often associated with Allergic Rhinitis
- Lower Respiratory Tract involvement is more frequently seen in Churg Strauss Syndrome in comparison to Wegener’s Granulomatosis
Don’t Forget to Solve all the previous Year Question asked on Churg-Strauss Syndrome