|A.||Thelarche, pubarche, growth, menarche|
Puberty, thelarche, menarche, growth
Growth, thelarche, pubarche
None of these
Thelarche, pubarche, growth, menarche
Sexual development in adolescent girls is in the order.
Remember : Mnemonic B P H M ales
Breast development (thelarche)
(Breast budding is the first recognised pubertal sign) Development of pubic hair (Pubarche) Peak growth velocity (height T’s) Menarche
BPH in Males Breast development Pubic hair Height Menarche
Testicular enlargement (1st sign of puberty development) Appearance of pubic hair and growth of axillary hairs Penile enlargement Growth spurt
Also know :
- Puberty is the state of becoming functionally capable of procreation i.e. the period during which secondary sexual characteristics begin to develop.°
- Age of puberty :–Girls = 12 years° – Boys = 14 years°
- The first menstrual period usually occurs between ages of 10 16 years° (average being 13.5 years in India).°
- Delayed puberty exists in girls who fail to develop any secondary sexual characteristics by 13 years or have not had menarche by 16 years or have not attained menarche 5 or more years since the onset of pubertal development.°
- Precocious puberty is defined as onset of menstruation before 10 years or pubertal changes before 8 years of age.
Recent studies in America have shown that a substantial number of normal girls begin pubertal development at 8 years. But Thelarche (breast development) and adrenarche (increase in secretion of adrenal androgens) before the age of 6 warrant evaluation.