Diseases transmitted by the parasite shown in the picture below is ?
Epidemic typhus .
Scrub Typhus .
a and c.
Ans:D.)Epidemic typhus and Trench fever.
The parasite shown in the picture above represent Louse.
- Louse is a wingless insect.
- They have narrow heads and oval, flattened bodies.
- Their compound eyes are reduced in size or absent.
- Their antennae are short with three to five segments, and their mouth parts, which are retractable into their head, are adapted for piercing and sucking
- Infectious diseases associated with human lice include epidemic typhus, relapsing fever, and trench fever, which are caused by Rickettsia prowazekii, Borrelia recurrentis, and Bartonella quintana, respectively.