The insect vector shown in the photograph above represent Louse.
Amongst the options provided ‘Louse’ is the insect vector only for Rickettsia prowazekii.
- Louse is a wingless insect.
- They have narrow heads and oval, flattened bodies.
- Their compound eyes are reduced in size or absent.
- Their antennae are short with three to five segments, and their mouth parts, which are retractable into their head, are adapted for piercing and sucking
- Infectious diseases associated with human lice include epidemic typhus, relapsing fever, and trench fever, which are caused by Rickettsia prowazekii, Borrelia recurrentis, and Bartonella quintana, respectively.