Method of identification using imprint shown in photograph is ?
- It helps in identifying the humans based on the lips’ traces.
- Lip prints can be used as an identifying tool in forensic sciences as each individual’s lips have a specific pattern of fissures.
- Traces of lips should be looked for on cutlery and crockery items, on the window or door glass, on photographs or letters.
- Lip prints may also appear side by side with tooth marks on food products.
Identification of an Individual in Forensic Science
- Locard’s principle of exchange
- When 2 objects come in contact with each other, there will be always a mutual transference of material from each other.
- Fingerprint / Dactylography / Dermatoglyphics :
- Dactylography is the process of taking impressions of the pulp of fingers and thumbs on an unglazed white paper and examining them with a magnifying lens.
- It is a method of personal identification through the comparison of the impressions of sweat pores (present on friction ridges of palmar and plantar surfaces).
- It is synonymus with ‘footprint’. It is the study of the pattern of the skin of toes and heels from the soles of the feet.
- Cheiloscopy:Study of lip prints
- Rugoscopy:Study of palatal Rugae