In case of death in sea water due to method shown in the picture below which among the following occurs?
Either may occur.
- In the image,the mode of death of the person is due to drowning in sea water. Floatation occurs early in salty water due to higher specific gravity.
- The first phase of accidental drowning begins with asphyxia
- second phase is characterized by water and electrolyte changes in the blood.
- Hypovolemia with circulatory collapse, hemoconcentration with rise in hemoglobin, hematocrit, sodium, potassium and albumin.
- And, finally, an elevated risk of thromboembolism due to increased blood viscosity.