This condition(as shown in image) is a slow growing tumour with the following pathology:
Hypertrophy of the sebaceous glands
Hypertrophy of sweat glands
Hyperplasia of endothelial cells
Hyperplasia of epithelial cells
Ans : A.)Hypertrophy of sebacceous glands.
This condition is Rhinophyma
- It is a slow-growing benign tumor which occurs due to hypertrophy of the sebaceous glands of the tip of the nose.
- Seen in long standing cases of acne rosacea.
- Mostly affects men past middle age.
- Presents as a pink, lobulated mass over the nose.
- Paring down the bulk of the tumor with a sharp knife, or carbon dioxide laser or scalpel (dermabraions), and the area is allowed to re-epithelize.
- Sometimes tumor is completely excised and the raw area is covered with skin graft.