A young girl presented with the following on the lips and buccal mucosa.What can be the most possible diagnosis?
- Fordyce spots are visible sebaceous glands that are present in most individuals.
- They appear on the genitals and/or on the face and in the mouth.
- They appear as small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the scrotum, shaft of the penis or on the labia, as well as the inner surface (retromolar mucosa) and vermilion border of the lips of the face.
- They are not associated with any disease or illness, nor are they infectious but rather they represent a natural occurrence on the body.
- No treatment is therefore required, unless the individual has cosmetic concerns.