Frenkel white line
Bowing of legs
The patient in question is suffering from Scurvy
• Scurvy: first disease identified due to dietary deficiency.
• Primary metabolic bone disorder in scurvy is decreased osteoid matrix formation.
- Swollen gums which bleed easily
- Perifollicular and petechial hemorrhages
- Ecchymoses, Hemarthrosis
- GI bleeding
- Poor wound healing
- Coiled hairs
- Bowing of legs
- Most commonly around knee
- Pencil thin cortex
- Trummer field zone(metaphyseal lucency)
- Frenkel white line
- Pelkan spur(lateral extension of white line)
- Wimberger sign(ringed epiphysis): Definitive sign.
- Zone of rarefaction below white line
- Cortical spur
- Epiphyseal separation
- Metaphyseal porosis
- Metaphyseal infarction
- Metaphyseal calcification