An 18-year-old female presents to you with a hypopigmented patch on the medial aspect of foot with feathery margin. The rest of the physical examination is normal. Which of the following drugs should not be used in the treatment of this patient?
Ans: C. Isotretinoin
- In the given picture, the patient is having localized vitiligo.
- Isotretinoin is used in the management of acne and it should always be avoided in a young female because of teratogenic potential.
Drugs used in the treatment of Vitiligo:
- Topical clobetasol is a topical steroid
- Topical tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant
- Topical methoxsalen is a psoralen