Which of the following muscle is supplied by the nucleus present beneath the area marked by the arrow below?
Ans: B. Lateral rectus
- The marked structure is facial colliculus.
- Abducent nerve nucleus is located deep to facial colliculus.
- Supplies lateral rectus.
- Situated in pons.
- Overlies abducent nucleus.
- Facial nerve originates from its nucleus & goes around abducent nerve.
- This is called as neurobiotaxis.
- Formed by axons of facial nerve (not by abducens nucleus deep to it).
|Superior rectus||Oculomotor (Superior division)|
|Inferior rectus||Oculomotor (Inferior division)|
|Medial rectus||Oculomotor (Inferior division)|
|Inferior oblique||Oculomotor (Inferior division)|