A 45 years old lady presented with complaints of nasal congestion, stuffiness, discharge, and anosmia. CT scan of the paranasal sinus was done as shown below. What is the diagnosis?
|C.||Allergic fungal sinusitis|
Ans: C. Allergic fungal sinusitis
* Findings are suggestive of allergic fungal sinusitis.
* Allergic fungal sinusitis, a hypersensitivity reaction to fungal antigens, typically occurs among patients with atopy and nasal polyposis.
* Involve one or many sinus cavities.
* Involved sinus has a peripheral rim of low density, edematous mucosa and there is complete opacification of the central cavity by homogenous high-attenuation material corresponding to fungus and thick allergic mucin.
* Scattered flecks of calcific material.
* Sinus wall expanded and destroyed.