Identify the condition represented in the image.
Germ cell differentiate tumour
Ans. A – Seminoma
- Seminoma – Germ cell tumour of testicle/ rarely mediastinum or other extra-gonadal locations.
- Malignant neoplasm.
- One of the most treatable & curable cancers.
- Survival rate >95% if discovered in early stages.
- Usually, unaffected fertility & other sexual functions remain intact.
- Originates in the germinal epithelium of seminiferous tubules.
- Typically prominent lymphocytic infiltrate in the fibrous stroma separating the clusters of tumour cells.
- Requires removal of one testicle.