Identify the intraocular lens (IOL) from the given image.
The given image is of a toric Intraocular lens.
- Spherocylindrical lens to correct pre-existing corneal astigmatism.
- The dotted markings on the optic of the IOL indicate the axis of IOL, and it is aligned to coincide with the steep axis of the patient’s eye.
- Toric IOL are made of hydrophobic acrylic and hydrophilic acrylic, silicone and PMMA.
Rotation of IOL:
- For every, one degree of misalignment, about 3 percent of the lens cylinder power is lost.
- A misalignment of more than 10 degrees is generally regarded as the indication for surgical repositioning.