Ans.C. Retropharyngeal abcess
The given image shows retropharyngeal abscess which can be diagnosed on Lateral X-ray of the soft tissues of neck.
- X-ray of the neck often (80% of the time) shows swelling of the retropharyngeal space in affected individuals.
- If the retropharyngeal space is more than half of the size of the C2 vertebra, it may indicate retropharyngeal abscess.
- Widening of the prevertebral soft tissue shadow
- Loss of cervical lordosis
- In acute abscess, even air-fluid level can be seen.