Lesion of vocal cord in the given image given is:
The image depicts laryngeal papilloma.
- The viral origin associated with HPV infection 6 and 11.
- More common in the anterior part of glottis especially anterior commissure. A most common site is vocal fold.
- More common in children& 5 years.
- Transmission: Exact mode not known recognized association between maternal genital warts and recurrent laryngeal papillomatosis.
- Treatment: Primary modality of treatment is surgery. Endoscopic surgical removal is the preferred treatment.
- Most commonly used modality is a CO2 laser. Recurrence is common and multiple procedures often required.