Junction of middle & lateral 1/3
Equal in all parts
· Medial 2/3rd of clavicle is cylindrical & convex anteriorly
· Lateral 1/3rd is flat & concave anteriorly
· Due to change in the shape curvature, the most common site of fracture of clavicle is junction of medial 2/3 rd (middle 1/3rd) & lateral 1/3rd.
· Clavicle is the only long bone that lies horizontally
· It has no medullary cavity
· It is the first bone to start its ossification (5th-6th week of intrauterine life)
· It is the last bone to complete ossification – after 21st year.