High-grade astrocytic cells with angiogenesis and central necrosis
Diffuse large B cells
Anaplastic large T cells
|D.||Stellate spindle-shaped cells with large eosinophilic cytoplasm|
Answer : B Diffuse large B cells
About 95% of primary and secondary central nervous system lymphomas are diffuse, large, B-cell lymphomas. The remaining 5% are Burkitt, T cell, and low-grade lymphomas.
Cells often display a perivascular growth pattern called angiotropism, which is the tendency to harbor around blood vessels.
Primary central nervous system lymphomas are highly cellular tumors, so diffusion of water molecules is highly restricted, and lesions appear hyperintense on diffusion-weighted imaging.
Primary central nervous system lymphomas show more restricted diffusion on diffusion-weighted imaging with correspondingly lower apparent diffusion coefficient values when compared to metastases and high-grade gliomas.