Keratoconus is managed by:
→ Contact lenses:
- Soft contact lenses should not be used
- Semi soft contact lenses are prescribed
→ Corneal Hydrops:
- Occurs in Keratoconus
- Descemet’s membrane perforates & aqueous humour enters corneal stroma.
- With time hydrops heals with central scarring.
- Rx by Keratoplasty.
→ C3 R (CxR)
- Corneal collagen crosslinking with Riboflavin, new modality of Rx.
- Stops progression, increases strength of cornea with covalent bonding (UV irradiation with riboflavin)