Diagnosis in non-pregnant female:
1. History: –
→ Only 2nd trimester loss
→Painless dilatation of cervix
→ As the no. of pregnancy loss ↑ POG at which loss occurs↓
2. Hegar dilator no. 8 can pass through Internal Os without Pt. resistance.
3. On hystero cervicography- Funnel Shape
• In hysterocervicography with the help of foleys catheter radiopaque dye is injected.
• In normal pt. as os is closed dye will not come out but in cervical incompetence dye will
ome out and result in funnel shape.
• All these are not a very good method to be performed in non-pregnant females.
Diagnosis in pregnant female:
- TVS (cervical length should be ideally 3.5)
→ Length of cervix <2.5 cm
→ Dilation of cervix ≥2cm
→ Shape of cervix-U shaped (Normally T shape)