Identify the mode of Ventilation as shown in the image:
Assist Controlled Mode.
Continuous Positive Pressure Ventilation
Ans: A-Assist Controlled Mode.
Modes of ventilation.
- Assist mode, control mode, and assist-control mode
- A basic distinction in mechanical ventilation is whether each breath is initiated by the patient (assist mode) or by the machine (control mode). Dynamic hybrids of the two (assist-control modes) are also possible.
- Assist Mode:
- In this mode, the ventilator supports every breath, whether it’s initiated by the patient or the ventilator.
- Control ventilation :
- The respirator delivers the preset volume or pressure regardless of the patient’s own inspiratory efforts.
- Volume control (VC) means that both volume and flow are present prior to inspiration.
- Pressure control (PC) means that inspiratory pressure is preset.
- Assist -Controlled:
- The first breath in this cycle is one initiated by the ventilator. The second breath is the patient’s triggered breath. There is a slight dip at the beginning of the breath, which is the patient creating a negative pressure. The ventilator senses this and delivers another breath.