A sexually active male presented with warts on his penis as shown below. Which of these strains of HPV is most commonly the cause of these lesions?
HPV 1,2 and 3
HPV 3, 5
HPV 6 and 11
HPV 16 and 18
Ans: C. HPV 6 and 11
- The image is anogenital warts on the penis.
- Caused by HPV 6 & 11.
- The surface is either smooth or rough.
Penile genital warts:
- Usually 2-5 mm in diameter & often occur in groups.
- 2nd type of penile lesion, keratotic plaques, is slightly raised above the normal epithelium and has a rough, often pigmented surface.
- Vulvar warts are soft, whitish papules that either is sessile or have multiple fine,.finger-like projections