Choose the incorrect statement regarding the given image?
Causes AV block,
|B.||Atropine is antidote|
Only root is poisonous
The first symptom is the sweet taste
Ans: D. First symptom is the sweet taste
- Given flower belongs to the plant Aconite which is a cardiac poison.
- Aconite roots are usually mistaken for horseradish root.
- The entire plant is poisonous, however, the root is most potent
- Active principles: Aconitine, pseudo-aconitine, indaconitine, picraconitine, and aconine.
- No odor, sweet taste (mitha bish)
The initial signs are
- Tingling followed by numbness of mouth and throat is characteristics symptoms of aconite poisoning.
- Gastrointestinal, including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- This is followed by a sensation of burning, tingling, and numbness in the mouth and face, and of burning in the abdomen.
- In severe poisonings, pronounced motor weakness occurs and cutaneous sensations of tingling and numbness spread to the limbs.
- Aconitine binds with the voltage-dependent sodium-ion channels.
- Aconitine first stimulates and then paralyzes the peripheral terminations of sensory, secretory and motor nerves.