Image of an elderly lady undergoing the procedure. Identify the procedure?
Anterior ethmoidal nerve block
Vidian nerve block
Diagnostic probing of Nasolacrimal gland
Ans: D. Diagnostic probing of Nasolacrimal gland
- Whenever a patient complains of excessive lacrimation it indicates the blockage in the lacrimal apparatus.
- So to determine the site of blockage and If pathology of the lacrimal drainage system is suspected, probing and irrigation of the system is a useful diagnostic tool.
- The above picture illustrates diagnostic probing.
- Probing: we insert a lacrimal probe through inferior puncta and it passes through the passages of the lacrimal apparatus.
- The blockage of the nasolacrimal duct is the most common in the Nasolacrimal duct.