what is the most probable diagnosis for the condition depicted below ?
- Ans.C. Miliary tuberculosis
- The above image represents miliary tuberculosis. Individual lesions are small (2-mm) foci of yellow-white consolidation scattered through the lung parenchyma.
- Miliary tuberculosis (TB) is the widespread dissemination of Mycobacterium tuberculosis via hematogenous spread.
- It occurs when organisms draining through the lymphatics enter the venous blood and circulate back to the lung.
- Miliary TB may infect any number of organs, including the lungs, liver and spleen.
- Miliary lesions may expand and coalesce, resulting in the consolidation of large regions or even whole lobes of the lung.