A 23-year-old woman suffers from a fracture of the jugular foramen by car accident. Which of the following nerves is/are most likely damaged?
Cranial nerve V2
Cranial nerve VI
Cranial nerves VII and VIII
Cranial nerves IX, X, and XI
- The jugular foramen transmits cranial nerves, IX, X, and XI, along with the internal jugular vein.
- The cranial nerve V2 runs through the foramen rotundum.
- The cranial nerve VI passes through the superior orbital fissure.
- The cranial nerves VII and VIII courses through the internal auditory meatus.
- The cranial nerve XII passes through the hypoglossal canal.