The part of duodenum highlighted in the picture is related to:
Tail of pancreas
Superior mesenteric vein
- Highlighted structure here is the third part of the duodenum
- It runs horizontally to the left, across the lower part of the body of L3 vertebra, crosses in front of IVC, and after that takes a smooth curve upward to eventually become constant with the ascending part of the duodenum.
- Anteriorly: Root of the mesentery, superior mesenteric vessels, and coils of the jejunum.
- Posteriorly: Right psoas major, right ureter, IVC, abdominal aorta, and right gonadal vessels.
- Superiorly: Head of the pancreas with its uncinate process. Inferiorly: Coils of the jejunum.