This patient presents with following type of skin condition , it is caused by ?
A. Staph aureus
B. Staph albus
C. Strep pyogenes
Ans. is ‘c’ i.e., Strep pyogenes
- is due to S. pyogenes and
- is characterized by an abrupt onset of fiery-red swelling of the face or extremities.
- the distinctive features of erysipelas are well-defined indurated margins, particularly along the nasolabial fold; rapid progression; and intense pain.
- extension to deeper soft tissues is rare.
- treatment with penicillin is effective