Opening of the semilunar valve takes place during which phase of the cardiac cycle?
Ventricular Ejection is shown in phase C
- At end of ventricular contraction, pressures in left and right ventricles exceed pressures in aorta and pulmonary artery.
- At this stage, Aortic and pulmonary valves open.
- When the aortic and pulmonary valves open, the phase of ventricular ejection begins.
- Ejection is rapid at first, slowing down as systole progresses.
- The intraventricular pressure rises to a maximum and then declines somewhat before ventricular
- systole ends.
- Peak pressures in the left and right ventricles are about 120 and 25 mm Hg, respectively