The drug shown in the “picture below” is contraindicated in which among the following cases?
B. Sick sinus syndrome.
C. AV block.
D. All of the above.
Ans:D. All of the above.
- It is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
- It is used to treat tremors,chest pain, high blood pressure, heart rhythm disorders, and other heart or circulatory conditions.
- It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack, and to reduce the severity and frequency of migraine headaches.
- Contra-indicated in cases of-
- very slow heart beats that have caused you to faint; or
- a serious heart condition such as “sick sinus syndrome” or “AV block” (unless you have a pacemaker).