A. 25 lakhs.
B. 50 lakhs.
C. 75 lakhs.
D. 100 lakhs.
Ans:D. 100 lakhs.
Maximum amount that can be received under the Consumer Protection Act is > 100 lakhs.
Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- It is an Act of the Parliament of India enacted in 1986.
- An Act to provide for better protection of the interests of consumers and for that purpose to make provision for the establishment of consumer councils and other authorities for the settlement of consumers’ disputes and for matters connected therewith.
- It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
Amount of Compensation which can be claimed:
- DISTRTCT FORUM : upto twenty lakh rupees
- STATE CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION : Rs. 20 lacs to Rs. 1 crore.
- NATIONAL CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL COMMISSION : Above one crore rupees